WORK/LIFE BALANCE FROM A MOM AND NURSE PRACTITIONER

Spring Cucumber Mojito Recipe

4/4/16
If you are parents like us, you don't get out to enjoy drinks that often. My husband and I have come to terms with this, and make the best of having nights in at home. This weekend with warmer weather after putting our son down, we grilled, made cocktails and had dinner on the patio. I thought I would share the cocktail recipe courtesy of my mixologist husband. It's similar to a mojito, however there is no added sugar so it's not as sweet, which I prefer. Enjoy and comment below!

Ingredients
½ Lime, Cut into quarters
6 Mint leaves
2 Slices of cucumber cut into quarters
2 Oz Cachaca Brazilian Light Rum
.
4 Oz Sparkling Water
 
Directions:
 
Pour 2oz Cachaca into a mixing glass and then put the lime pieces, mint leaves and cucumber into a cocktail glass and muddle until the lime and mint are broken down.
 
Use a cocktail strainer to pour the contents of shaker into a rocks glass over ice. Then add the 4Oz of Sparkling water to top off the glass; stir with a cocktail spoon until very cold, and serve immediately.  Garnish with a Cucumber slice. 

Post Comment
Post a Comment