WORK/LIFE BALANCE FROM A MOM AND NURSE PRACTITIONER

June Stitch Fix Review: Cargo and more cargo

6/5/16

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I am a big fan of the online clothing service Stitchfix. I first heard of it through a good friend who hates to go to malls, like myself. I am an impatient person, and going to the mall stresses me out to the point where I will grab the nearest item without trying it on and leave, only to get home and realize it doesn't fit right, but won't return the item because it means I have to go back to the mall. For almost three years I've ordered through from Stitchfix. The great part of the company is there is no monthly fee or required monthly purchase. Whenever you feel like having a "fix" sent, you schedule the fix and a $20.00 fee is charged to you when the items are sent. The "fix" is five items of clothes and accessories picked based upon your completed style profile preferences. You are not required to buy any of the items, however if you keep all 5 your receive a 20% discount and the $20.00 fee is applied toward your purchase. As someone who loves convenience, this works wonderfully for me. I have used stitchfix for work clothes, wedding attire, date nights, and casual clothing. My biggest endorsement of the service is this is my 14th fix. I requested some items in the comments for my stylist, including a cargo jacket, espadrilles, a layered necklace and button down blouse. Stitchfix just started carrying shoes, thus I was even more excited for this particular order.



Items I received this fix:
1. Anda Button Down Blouse- I really liked this blouse, but returned it for the reason that the material was hand-wash only, and I had bought a similar button-down shirt literally last week.
2. Demi Cargo Pencil Skirt- I didn't think I was going to keep this item, but it goes with so much I already have and was very comfortable so I kept it. This skirt matches well with a blouse, as pictured below, or a T-shirt or tank.


3. Chaplin Hooded Anorak Cargo Jacket-I have been wanting a cargo jacket for some time, but haven't found one I liked. This one fit perfectly, and is a great spring through fall transitional piece so I kept it.


4. Ciara D'Orsay Espadrille Flats-I really liked the style and color of these shoes, however I begrudgingly sent them back because the heel of the shoe was detached when I walk popped off. The shoes were the most expensive item in the box, and thus if they weren't going to be functional I had to return them. I will request a pair next time that do not have a detached back.
5. Mave Hammered Double Pendant Necklace- Sadly I had to return this item as well. The necklace layers were tangled upon each other, and I was not able to successfully unravel them.


This fix turned out to be all about cargo, but it's all for the better because I love the cargo trend and I didn't have any of it in my current wardrobe.



Post Comment
Post a Comment