WORK/LIFE BALANCE FROM A MOM AND NURSE PRACTITIONER

The perfect crepe

7/25/16

Crepes were a special occasion meal in my family growing up, and a breakfast dish I always thought was decadent. When I discovered later on how crepes could be savory and sweet I had to learn how to make them. It turns out a simple crepe recipe is easy, even for someone who is culinary challenged, such as myself.  The simple recipe I follow is as follows:
Ingredients
*4 eggs
* 1 cup milk
*1 cup water
*2 cups all purpose flour
*1 tablespoon butter

Beat eggs, milk, butter,  and water together. Wisk in flour 1/2 a cup a time, being sure to remove all lumps. Scoop 1 cup of batter onto lightly greased non-stick pan on medium heat. As edges cook after approximately 2 minutes flip with spatula. Cook on other side for less than two minutes and removed from heat. Add your favorite fillings and enjoy. Some of my favorites include mixed berries and powdered sugar, apples and cheddar cheese, and nutella and banana. What are your favorite crepe fillings?




Post Comment
Post a Comment