WORK/LIFE BALANCE FROM A MOM AND NURSE PRACTITIONER

on having a girl

10/11/16
When I hear of people waiting to find out the sex of their baby, I'm always a bit in awe. For one, I don't do surprises. I have found out about literally every surprise from Christmas presents to surprise parties people have tried to throw me, simply because I am very impatient. Although it seems like a fun idea to be surprised by my baby's gender, I knew going into my pregnancies this was in no way realistic for me. I also wanted to have some level of preparation for one sex or the other. As much as I like to think I am a forward thinker when it comes to gender, I definitely think there are a lot of gender differences in raising boys v. girls that I would like to prepare for. Also, as progressive as I like to think I am, I also wanted to know what colors of clothes to buy my bundle of joy, as I still fully plan on dressing my baby girl up in a ridiculous amount of pink and ruffles. I was thrilled when I found out I am having a girl. I was so excited, in fact when I found out I cried. Don't get me wrong, another son would have been amazing too. I love having a boy. As I've heard from many experienced parents, there are unique challenges that come with raising the different genders. I do believe this. For example, potty training my son has been slow-going, which I hear is pretty common with boys. I think the personality of child however, is more influential than gender when it comes to the challenges faced as a parent. I can't wait to see how her unique personality is, and how different or the same she is from her brother.
1 comment on "on having a girl"
  1. Congratulations on your baby girl! I linked the nursing gown on my post, but wanted to post it here just in case as well (https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Be-Mine-Maternity-Nightgown/dp/B00PQUEUPA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1415740628&sr=8-2&keywords=nursing%2Bgown&th=1).

    ReplyDelete